Saturday, August 27, 2011

mouse parade

In the brief time that chickens have been patrolling my yard, I've seen how much they like routine, and how little they like disruptions.  My attention was therefore called when I noticed they were moving around the yard in what looked like a Conga Line.  I saw that Pearl, usually the straggler and the non-conformist was leading the flock.  She had found a dead mouse left by one of the cats.  Every time she stopped to try to get a closer look at it, one of the other chickens threatened to steal it from her so her only recourse was to keep moving with the mouse hanging out of her beak.  This went on for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you, but criticisms will be ignored. It's the beauty of the web. I will answer all friendly remarks. Buck handles the rest.