Thursday, May 3, 2012

Peeping Mom


I'll just report that tonight Buck demonstrated his opinion about nasty fleshy faces with eyes situated inappropriately at the front of their skulls, proclaiming them to be predators peering through the coop windows at dusk.
In my own defense, it was well past time when he should have taken the girls to roost, and there had been some squawking that sounded like distress.
Here it is, May, and I have been able to retain most of my flock in the presence of foxes with kits, owls w/ owlets, and whatever you call baby fisher cats.
Anyhow, the hens protested when I looked through the window to take attendance so Buck wasted no time, as is his style, and charged out  full Elizabethan ruff, toes and beak in the air.
"Don't be silly"  I advised.
"Get out, you!"  He replied.
I then told him I would pick him up if he didn't go in on his own, and so, grumbling, he went up the ramp, turned around beak facing out so that he would be able to deal with followers.
He is paying me forward for the fence that goes up this weekend in anticipation of a week of dog-sitting.
The cats learned about Buck on the first day.



The dog is slower.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you, but criticisms will be ignored. It's the beauty of the web. I will answer all friendly remarks. Buck handles the rest.