Thursday, December 29, 2011

tweet. Tweet: ......TWEET! I said: "TWEEEEEET!!!"




Buck is standing outside my window yelling and I'm trying to think...  It's an intensive path laced with quagmires [laundry, dishes] prickly bits [phone calls from relatives] and other blockages [Holiday Cheer].
What does that bird want?  He has a heated coop.  He has 7 hens, some of whom hang around and invite his attentions.



 He has a heated water bowl. He has cat food.
 He has chicken food, he has grapes and greens from the local organic boutique and today, he even has sunshine.
This what I think:  I think he began life as an abused chicken and an unwelcome rooster among many roosters who didn't make it to be as old as he is.
[ I still have no clear idea how old that is but he has had to be around awhile to get to be a 12 lb 20" cock.]
The roots of his raisin' are still generating thoughts of imminent lay-offs, termination of health insurance, foreclosure, divorce and incarceration even in spite of all available evidence.
True, humans are a chancey bunch, can't really be trusted, they walk around in red shoes and carry brooms.  Reminds him of that scene in "Cool Hand Luke" where the famous line is first said.
"What we have here, is a failure to communicate."
I like to think of the chain gang boss in red shoes, but I digress.
[pause while I go to find out what in hell that chicken is on about.........]
Later:The answer,
is coffee.
I decided to make espresso, and he could smell it when I put some food out on the back porch by the kitchen, and has not forgotten.  How terribly unfair for some people to be getting high and not sharing the wealth with other shorter, feathered types.



I just don't like to share the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you, but criticisms will be ignored. It's the beauty of the web. I will answer all friendly remarks. Buck handles the rest.