Friday, September 16, 2011

Chicken in a van

This morning I was stacking tires and junk in the back of the van to go to the dump, it being dump day, one of the week's highlights.
In the 30 seconds it took to turn my back for the next couple of tires to be rolled to the van, the van filled up with chickens.


They vacated when they realized there was no food in the van, and there were tires.  I sensed their disappointment.
Having divested the van of chickens, I went in to the house to get coffee and a wallet.
I was about 1/2 a mile down the road before I knew that something was amiss.
Pearl had snuck back into the van and was [mostly] enjoying the ride, but had decided to come and ride shotgun.
When I returned her to the yard, the rest of the bridge club was relieved.  Buck was indignant.  He felt that now he had solid evidence as to what had been the fate of his 2 hens in July.  I threw them some grapes in haste, and drove away, feeling that retribution was at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you, but criticisms will be ignored. It's the beauty of the web. I will answer all friendly remarks. Buck handles the rest.