Sunday, November 6, 2011

Even chickens face uncertainty


Buck has been in a nasty temper ever since the October nor'easter, today I tried to give him and the ladies a bowl of treats and needed to use a barbecue spatula to hold him off so that I could put it on the ground.
I was going in to the house at one point and he came up behind me intent on bruising my calves.
I tried to close a door and he went after my shoes.  He especially has a problem accepting shoes.  Is he jealous?  Would  he like a nice pair of chicken wellies?
I have to stand there on one foot with the sole of my shoe facing him, waiting for him to get tired of attacking it, and go away.
Maybe he's a Muslim chicken and considers it a profound insult to be presented with the sole of a shoe.



Little does he know that trouble is brewing in the kingdom he rules with an iron claw.
Wind turbines, 1.67 miles away. Will he and the girls lose their balance  and fall off their perches?  Will they feel like a little Dramamine crumbled into their food wouldn't be amiss?
Some of the health effects on humans are irritability and depression.  What do you do about depressed chickens?
I already am dealing with one irritable chicken, but will depressed hens lay?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you, but criticisms will be ignored. It's the beauty of the web. I will answer all friendly remarks. Buck handles the rest.