Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fine. I'll do it myself.

This morning I overslept a bit and was woken by the sound of happy chickens, gurgling on the porch.
"How did they get on the porch?" A voice in my head asked me as I woke up further.
"I don't know."  I said back.
Then Buck could be heard crowing - full volume, not muffled by chicken shed, right under my window.
Some mornings I get up and let them out and then go back to bed.  I'm hoping this wasn't one of them as I watch for signs of creeping dementia.
Forgetting that I had gotten up was not what I had forgotten, though.  I had forgotten to close the smaller chicken door, so it was open all night.
Still have all the chickens - how did that happen?
I dragged a bag of greens behind me to deflect attacks but Buck was determined to hammer me this morning for my carelessness.  No amount of salad was going to fix this.
I ended up throwing the bag in his path and getting back to the house before he got over being confused.
Today is dump day anyhow, I'll clean it up later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you, but criticisms will be ignored. It's the beauty of the web. I will answer all friendly remarks. Buck handles the rest.